It’s not uncommon to want to keep some photos private on your iPhone. Whether they’re personal pictures or images you don’t want others to see, follow the steps in this article and learn how to hide photos on your iPhone!
Why hide photos on your phone?
There are a number of reasons why you might want to hide photos on your iPhone. Maybe you want to keep certain pics private or prevent them from being deleted accidentally. Hiding photos is also a great way to declutter your camera roll and save space on your device. Whatever your reason, it's easy to do!
Tips on how to hide photos on an iPhone
With the release of iOS 14, iPhone users now have the ability to hide their photos from prying eyes. Here are some tips on how to do just that:
1. Open the Photos app and select the Albums tab.
2. Scroll down and tap on the Hidden album.
3. Tap on the Select button in the top right corner.
4. Choose the photos you want to hide by tapping on them.
5. Tap on the Share button in the bottom left corner.
6. Tap on the Hide button in the middle of the screen.
7. Confirm that you want to hide the selected photos by tapping on hiding Photo(s).
Your photos are now hidden! To view them, simply open the Hidden album and tap on the Select button again. Then, choose which photos you want to view and tap on the Share button.
How to find hidden photos on an iPhone?
If you're looking for hidden photos on your iPhone, there are a few places you can check. First, try looking in the Recently Deleted album. This is where any photos that have been deleted in the last 30 days will be stored. To access the Recently Deleted album, open the Photos app and tap on the Albums tab. Next, tap on the recently deleted album.
If you don't see the photo you're looking for in the Recently Deleted album, it may be hidden behind one of your other albums. To see all of your albums, including hidden ones, open the Photos app and tap on the Albums tab. Then, tap on the Select button and choose Show Hidden Albums.
Once you've found the hidden album that contains your photo, you can unhide it by tapping on the Select button and then tapping on Unhide.
How to delete hidden photos on an iPhone?
If you have photos on your iPhone that you don't want anyone to see, you can hide them from your camera roll by deleting them. To do this, open the Photos app and go to the Albums tab. Scroll down to the bottom and tap on the "Recently Deleted" album. Here, you will see all of the photos that have been deleted from your iPhone in the last 30 days. Tap on the photo that you want to delete and then tap on the trash can icon. Confirm that you want to delete the photo and it will be permanently removed from your iPhone.
How to share hidden photos on an iPhone?
If you're looking to share some hidden photos with your friends, but don't want everyone to see them, there are a few ways to do so. One way is to use the iPhone's built-in photo hiding feature. This feature allows you to hide specific photos from your camera roll, and only share them with people who have the passcode to access them. Here's how to use it:
1. Open the Photos app and go to the album that contains the photo or photos you want to share.
2. Tap on the Select button in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the photo or photos you want to share, then tap on the Share button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
4. In the Share menu, tap on the Hide option.
5. A confirmation message will appear asking if you're sure you want to hide the selected photo or photos. Tap on hiding Photo(s) to confirm.
6. The selected photo or photos will now be hidden from your camera roll and can only be viewed by people who have the passcode to access them.
How to unhide hidden photos on an iPhone?
If you've hidden some photos on your iPhone and you want to unhide them, here's how to do it.
Open the Photos app and go to the Albums tab. Scroll down to the bottom and tap Hidden under Other Albums.
All of your hidden photos will be listed here. To unhide a photo, simply select it and tap the Unhide button.