Skype is one of the most popular video calling platforms in the world, connecting millions of people globally. But what if you suddenly find yourself unable to use Skype because it's blocked by your country's government? Don't panic just yet! In this blog post, we've got you covered with various simple steps that will help you unblock Skype and continue enjoying seamless communication with your loved ones or colleagues abroad. So buckle up as we take a deep dive into some practical solutions that will enable you to bypass any censorship restrictions on this essential tool for personal and professional communication.
Download a ValeVPN
If Skype is blocked in your country, you can still use it by downloading a ValeVPN. A ValeVPN will allow you to change your IP address and access Skype from anywhere in the world. Here’s how to download a ValeVPN:
1. Go to the ValeVPN website and create an account.
2. Download the ValeVPN client for your operating system.
3. Install the VPN client and launch it.
4. Connect to a server in a country where Skype is not blocked.
5. Open Skype and start making calls!
Connect to a server in another country
There are a few different ways that you can connect to a server in another country:
1. Use a VPN: A VPN (a virtual private network) is a great way to get around geographical restrictions. All you need to do is connect to a VPN server in the country you want to access Skype from, and then you'll be able to use Skype as normal. There are many different VPN providers available, so be sure to do your research before choosing one.
2. Use a proxy server: A proxy server is another way to get around geographical restrictions. Basically, a proxy server is like a middleman that connects you to the internet. When you use a proxy server, your traffic is routed through the server before it reaches its destination. That means that the website you're trying to access sees the proxy server's IP address instead of yours.
3. Use Tor: Tor is a free software that allows you to browse the internet anonymously. It's often used by people who want to hide their identity online or bypass censorship restrictions. To use Tor, you first need to download and install the software, and then configure it to work with Skype. Once you've done that, you'll be able to use Skype as normal.
Use a proxy website
If you're trying to use Skype in a country where the service is blocked, there's still a way to connect with your friends and family. All you need is a proxy website.
A proxy website allows you to access blocked websites by routing your connection through a server in another country. This means that you can bypass any restrictions and access any website, including Skype.
There are many free proxy websites available, so finding one shouldn't be difficult. Once you've found a proxy website, simply enter the address of the site you want to visit into the proxy's URL field. Then click "Go" or "Surf" and you'll be able to access the site as if you were in another country.
Keep in mind that using a proxy website will slow down your connection speed and may cause some websites to load incorrectly. But if you need to use Skype in a country where it's blocked, a proxy website is the best way to do it.
Use the Tor Browser
If Skype is blocked in your country, you can use the Tor Browser to bypass the restrictions and access Skype. The Tor Browser is a free and open-source web browser that uses the Tor network to anonymize your online activity. When you connect to the internet through the Tor Browser, your traffic is routed through a series of servers, making it difficult for anyone to track your online activity.
To use the Tor Browser, first download and install the browser from the official website. Once you have installed the browser, launch it and enter the address of the website you want to visit. When prompted, select "Yes" to allow connectivity with the Tor network. Once connected, you will be able to access Skype and other blocked websites.
Skype is a great way to stay connected with friends and family around the world, so it can be devastating when it’s blocked in your country. Fortunately, there are several ways to bypass these blocks and keep using Skype. From using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to changing your DNS settings, unblocking Skype should no longer be an issue. Keep this article handy for when you need help getting back on Skype as quickly as possible!